Kelly Scientific is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. We are currently seeking a Formulation Chemist to work onsite at a major government scientific research facility in Columbus, Ohio.
This is a 6-12 month Government contract position which offers:
- 40 hours/week with Salary
- Opportunity to work at a government research facility
- May require some weekend and evenings work based on projects
TASKS/SERVICES: The contractors shall:
1. Work with staff to support animal toxicity studies in a BSL2 or BSL3 GLP environment, including wearing a respirator.
2. Perform formulations including preparation of feed, drinking water, gavage, and intravenous blends.
3. Package, sample, and repackage bulk chemicals that support animal toxicity studies.
4. Prepare formulations (mixtures of chemicals and vehicles) using detailed written procedures ranging from 10 mL to 100 kg with 3 - 8 hours of preparation time.
5. Analyze formulations according to written procedures using HPLC, GC, and UV Spectrometry with standard and nonstandard detectors.
6. Ship, receive, and package chemicals per written instructions.
7. Document all activities thoroughly and accurately per GLP regulations.
REQUIREMENTS: The contractors ideally have:
1. BS/MS in Chemistry and 2-5 years of work experience in a laboratory setting.
2. HPLC, GC, and UV sample prep and analysis experience in a GLP environment.
3. Experience following detailed written instructions, procedures, and/or SOPs.
4. Proficiency in performing routine lab tasks (quantitative solution transfers, weigh chemicals, etc.).
5. Ability to lift 50 pounds above your waist daily.
6. Comfortable wearing protective clothing daily including a respirator.
7. Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
8. Strong verbal and written communications skills; attention to detail.
Job post expiration date: 4/14/17